You may be able to save money on tax preparation and filing fees by using your Amex card.
- Amex offers can save you money or earn you more American Express Membership Rewards points.
- Simply make qualifying tax preparation purchases with an eligible Amex card.
If you plan to use a credit card to pay for tax preparation and tax filing fees, you may be able to save some money. American Express cardholders can use Amex offers to get discounts when filing their taxes with popular tax preparation companies. Here’s what you need to know so you can have more money in your wallet.
Amex Offers is a program available to American Express cardholders and can be accessed through the American Express website and app. You can activate offers and earn cash in the form of a statement credit or earn additional American Express Membership Rewards points on qualifying purchases. Offers are displayed for various retailers and new offers are added periodically.
During this year’s tax season, Amex cardholders can find deals on popular tax preparation services. By using one of these offers, you may be able to pay less to prepare and file your taxes. Don’t miss the opportunity to save some money.
Current Amex Offers for Tax Preparation Services
If you have yet to file your taxes, you may want to consider activating one of these Amex offers to save money on your tax preparation fees.
- Cardholders can get 30% cash back on TaxAct purchases. You can earn a total of up to $60 in cash in the form of a statement credit. This offer expires on April 18, 2022.
- Cardholders can earn 5 American Express Membership Rewards points for every $1 spent with TaxAct up to a maximum of 2,000 points. This offer expires June 30, 2022.
- Cardholders who spend $50 or more online with TurboTax can earn a one-time $5 statement credit. This offer expires on April 18, 2022.
- Cardholders who spend $90 or more online with TurboTax can earn a one-time $20 statement credit. This offer expires on April 18, 2022.
- Cardholders can earn a one-time $10 statement credit when they make a single H&R Block purchase of $30 or more online at HRBlock.com. This offer expires on April 30, 2022.
These offers are available to consumers with American Express cards issued in the United States. You must activate offers and use your credit card to make a qualifying purchase. Be sure to review the terms and conditions of each offer to ensure your purchase meets eligibility requirements.
As a note, you may not see all of these offers. Amex offers may vary and some may be directed to consumers with certain American Express cards. Before you decide how to prepare and file your taxes, check out your personal Amex offers to find the best offer for your situation.
Other ways to save on tax preparation and filing fees
If you don’t have an American Express credit card, you may be looking for other ways to spend less on tax preparation and filing fees. Here are some ways to save money.
- Present early. Many of the major tax preparation companies offer discounts to early filers. If you’ve already gathered your tax documents and are ready to file them, you may be able to save some money by filing your return earlier.
- See if you qualify for free tax filing. If you meet specific income requirements or qualify for a simple tax return, you can take advantage of $0 tax filing. Take a look at our best free tax software list to learn more about free tax preparation options.
- Use coupon codes. Many popular tax preparation companies have coupon codes available online. These codes can save you money on your tax filing fees. Be sure to look for these codes before you file your taxes. Our list of the best coupon apps might help.
- Check with your bank or credit union for discounts. Some financial institutions partner with tax preparation companies to offer additional discounts to their clients.
Before you file your taxes, find out if you qualify for any discounts. If you’re not sure which tax preparation tool to use, check out our list of the best tax preparation software. For more money-saving tips, check out our personal finance resources.
The best credit cards end interest until 2023
If you have credit card debt, transfer it to this top balance transfer card locks you in with a 0% introductory APR through 2023! In addition, you will not pay an annual fee. Those are just some of the reasons why our experts rate this card as one of the best options to help you control your debt. Read the full review of The Ascent free and apply in just 2 minutes.